6mm cooker radial

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to extend the lenght of 6mm cable by joining under floor boards what type of jointing would you recomend

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
...... or consider crimping the cables together using the appropriate equipment. I.e. a ratchet crimper.

Okay as long as the OP has the correct tools and skills to make this joint properly. Probably less room for error using the Wagos. I do trust the Wagos and would be happy to leave it under the floor if needs be!

Sherbertlion said:
You will either have to make the junction box accessible or consider crimping the cables together using the appropriate equipment. I.e. a ratchet crimper.
What kind of crimps would be used for crimping two T&E cables together? Would normal yellow butt crimps be appropriate?

We use Wago connectors all the time but up to present only on lighting circuits and low current circuits.
I know the connector you linked to is rated at 41A and should have been tested to carry that current so I guess I should have more faith but I'm struggling!

I know the connector you linked to is rated at 41A and should have been tested to carry that current so I guess I should have more faith but I'm struggling!

I know what you mean! I felt the same when I first decided to use them for a cooker circuit! Never really like jointing circuits anyway unless I have to but have used these on 3 or 4 cooker circuits in the past couple of years...no call backs yet!

2 NIC assessors have said to me that they are happy for Wago joints to be classed as 'maintainence free' even though they don't yet meet the BS standard for MF, so must be okay!

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/WA173.html
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/WAGOBOX.html[/QUOTE]
If the junction box is inaccessible then this combination will not meet the requirements of BS7671.
Furthermore, you will not fit two 6mm cables in the wago.
You will either have to make the junction box accessible or consider crimping the cables together using the appropriate equipment. I.e. a ratchet crimper.
:oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back