7029 cable (t+e)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please could anyone let me know if this type of cable is still compliant for todays standards,it is pvc aluminium conductor and has an earth,also when testing the ins res, & R1+R2 values complied.

Also...

the cable for the lighting circuit never had an earth if the light fittings were all plastic would it still comply,although the back boxes to the plastic light switches were metal

Sponsored Links
Zoonie said:
Please could anyone let me know if this type of cable is still compliant for todays standards,it is pvc aluminium conductor and has an earth,also when testing the ins res, & R1+R2 values complied.
i don't think aliminium wiring is explicitly prohibited but i belive there are special precautions needed when terminating it to prevent connections failing.

Zoonie said:
I'd be tempted to do a thorough inspection of the connections to make sure it's OK. Hard to justify rewiring purely because it's aluminium if everything is well.

the cable for the lighting circuit never had an earth if the light fittings were all plastic would it still comply,although the back boxes to the plastic light switches were metal
Ah - the old retroactive compliance problem. Get some nylon M3.5s........

sure its alu and not tinned copper?

no one seems to have asked yet :confused:

Sponsored Links
A screw sir ?
CHEESEHE.GIF

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back