A better shower

G

george765

I am building a very small 1 bed house conversion and the future tenants have asked for a better shower as the 1 bed flat they are in at the moment has a small combi which gives a poor shower.
I was planning to fit a small combi in the house, but would it make sense to fit a more powerful combi to give the better shower ? or would it be better to gain the improved shower by having tanks or perhaps going electric ?
hope I've explained my question ok, any advice appreciated.

Sponsored Links
The bigger the combi, generally, the better the shower, providing the incoming water supply is suitable. Tank fed systems can provide good showers if installed/set up/serviced correctly.

A combi boiler with about 30kw plus should give a good shower.

Ravenheat 42kW combi gives a massive 17 litres a minute of hot water
and is relatively cheap at about £700 including vat.

Most likely their old combi was clapped out and old hence it's poor water delivery. Modern combi boilers do much better and even the small ones can delivery 10+ litres a minute of hot water.

As with dave most modern combis will give more than an adequate shower you dont need a large boiler if there is only one shower and the shower is a correct combi rated one

Sponsored Links
Check your flow rate before you do anything, that'll determine what you are able to fit. You might be better off putting in a decent electric shower, if the house is as small as you suggest a large combi will be massively oversized for the heating system and will run very inefficiently. Don't fit a Ravenheap, if you decide you really want a high-powered combi then there are better ones out there

Look at a Mira Sport Max 10.8kW with Airboost, good insulation in the house and a small system boiler or even electric heating

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back