A bloodbath if Trumpy's not elected.

Sponsored Links
those are the reasons America has had to sell more crude oil to Europe
"America has had to sell more crude oil to Europe".
Steady on Notch, you will have me feeling sorry for America.
Poor old America, having to sell all that black gold to Europe for huge profit.

All those tanks and rockets being sent Europe, if the Americans aren't careful they could end without any weapons to defend themselves when Putin comes calling.

US has been deficit spending for decades - as long as the world wants its debt backed by its jets it can keep on spending.

What is Bitcoin backed by? So you dump one fiat currency for crypto?

There is massive demand for graphics chips by MS et al for use in their data centres to run their AI systems.

So if the world turns to crap and what do you have left? Some numbers in a spreadsheet?

No one wins if the world to crap.
For years yes, Yes, but it's not far from a critical level now. Once the GDP growth doesn't cover the increased debt, which is compounding, you're vulnerable. WHo 's been bying the debt - well there's China, expanding at a silly rate at the expense of her poor people. But now, oops, the CHinese economy is in a puddle, so what next?

Bitcoin is backed by its track record. You can prove what someone paid for it, all the way back. It's a bit odd, but it's easy to make an argument that it's got more behind it than a fiat currency, which by definition only has "faith". The Gold Standard went in '31 in the UK, and '71 in the USA.

I read about it every day, and I certainly can't tell you where surges in chip use are. Some are clear, many not. Many applications don't need the tiniest fastest. Consumer goods and engine manager units, and "Internet of things" for example.
(Micron Corp just produced their quarterly results. No leading edge products, it's DRAM, , PC level stuff, more than higher. I bought a lump of their stock yesterday. Woke up this morning 16% higher. No need to go out to work today, then. I can sit on m my backside and pay someone to bring me cake. Yes of course it's stupid , but I can get away with it up to the day of reckoning when they stop making cake.)

Turning the world to crap - yep, you're making my point - everyone can earn loads of money.
Then we all starve because we can't eat it.

Most of us are on the same hymn sheet here, though Notchy likes to go off on a rant.
Lefty Hippies never drove the agenda however noisy they got; you need money to make things happen.
Putin is of course about as far right wing as you can get by many metrics. Spot where the Russian money is.
All the producers are doing nicely thanks out of the wars - they always do. You can look at stock prices through history, etc...
American has boosted fracked gas and LNG poroduction, and uses its vast stockpiles to manipulate the oil and gas prices.

Got your money in Rheinmetall - makers of shells, tanks etc? Why not? It has been rising for months. 23% this week.
Fight the Russians, get rich. Sit in a Surbiton whine bar telling them how to do it
Put your dosh in India - companies there doing 50% p.a. (Jupiter India fund, 54% when I looked last). Lots of poor people to exploit, lots of cheap Russian oil to convert to diesel and sell back to Europe.

£200k, not beyond a lot on this forum I daresay, in an Isa in a good (e.g.) India fund would give you £100k pa. tax fee. Maybe leave 20% behind so it doubles in 4 years. Buy shares in cake makers. Keep the immigrants coming to put in the cake factories. (Ah, Greggs, 14% in 6 months, not worth bothering)
We're doomed.
Do I have any sustainable solutions which would work? No.
Do I have any hope that it'll all turn out OK? No.
Answers on a postcard...

3247b16a07d5fabaddeb71947421240c.jpg

Sponsored Links
Answers on a postcard...
You remind me of the dot com bubble. ISA's showing truly amazing growth so more and more ordinary punters get in on the act pushing up growth even further. Then comes the point where people realise that it's unrealistic. Blame put down to baby boomers looking for a good return on their money.

Shells and Germany. Every one knows that europe needs to boost it's production capability.

Trump - all spend X knowing the US will get business.

Trump is the only US president who didn't start or join a war in modern times: I call it a good record of peace.
Suffers from bone spurs and has no time for solders hurt in line of duty.
Cheats at golf too.

Nonsense

In March 2022 Russia occupied 161,000 sq KMs of Ukraine
In March 2024 Russia occupies 102,000 sq KMs of Ukraine

In the whole of 2023 Russia gained 450 sq kms - ie virtually nothing

Russia currently occupies 18% of Ukraine territory.
That's because Ukraine is fighting. When Ukraine has run out of weapons, people, money, supporters etc, and sues for peace, gives up or just gets destroyed, Putin will want control in Kiev. They're "Nazis", remember. And Ukraine "is Russia's", remember, because of history and that.

So it's not nonsense, is it?
Putin's an old man, he'll want to go down in history his way.

Back