a couple of quick towel rad installation q's

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there

I'd appreciate some guidance if possible before tomorrow..

I have hung a new white designer towel radiator. I have flushed it through with mains cold water several times.

It is now on the wall.

I've lifted up my floorboards todasy and bought some copper pipe and straight connectors and elbows ready for adjusting pipework.

I have a few points I'd like to ask please-

After soldering the new pipework up do I need to flush the system through again to get rid of any flux that may get into the pipework/fittings?

I have bought a plastic container of Sentinel X100 inhibitor. When I fill the system up again, do I add it into the header tank and then drain about a few cups of water from the lowest drain valve? Or do I add it to the header tank then release the ballvalve arm and let it into the system that way...

what's the best from experience?

all the best.

Sponsored Links
Fly on the wall springs to mind...why have you flushed a new rad? If you have drained the system then add it to the FE tank and untie.

Do yo know what x100 is for though?

From experience, my best advice is to have a someone who knows what their doing. Plastic container?

i do know what i am doing.

i flushed it rhough as towel rads are prone to seidment and dust, etc getting in them. so better to be safe than sorry. don't want any of that getting into the pipework / system!

secondly, yes i know what it is! i have bought a carton/container of sentinel x100 inhibitor to add to the system, as when i drain it tomorrow the original inhibitor will be lost!!

thanks, i'll add it then untie the float arm.

If you know what your doing then why ask? I've never heard of dust blocking a radiator/pipework yet, how big is your dust?

Sponsored Links
well on these pages i have read about towel rads being prone to sediemtn etc being inside them from manufacturer and to flush them thoroughly.

i am asking as i wanted to make sure!! sorry.. only asking.

Not a bad idea to flush a towel rad as they do tend to have a fair bit of swarf and carp in them compared to a normal rad.
Emptying the system and flushing it through wont do any harm as it will get rid of some of the carp that floats about.
Add the x100 into the towel rad by removing one of the plugs on top then refill the system

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back