A cover for furniture

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been using this to cover my picnic table and sun loungers over the winter. After one winter it has become very brittle and this morning, I noticed that it has come apart.

upload_2020-11-2_7-43-48.png

It's struggled with blowing in the wind and getting caught on the corners of the table.

Can someone please suggest a more durable option. I don't want to be replacing every few years.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Only way is to pay a small fortune for a good quality made to measure cover. Cheap stuff will just do the same.

Get something that will withstand UV? It's that that degrades the plastic cover imo.

I've used the plasticised tarpaulins from Homebase before (grey on one side, green on the other), 3 years and still ok.....they have eyelets which are useful for fixing bungee straps.
John :)

Sponsored Links
A custom made cover from a local tarpaulin place would be just the ticket. Those cheap tarps are hopeless.

Failing that get some black polythene aka DPM

If the table underneath has sharp edges simply put some split pipe lagging along the edges before covering with a decent waterproof tarpaulin.
As stated, cheap plastic ones are not designed to last long. It's false economy to buy them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back