a few photos

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
just clearing out my phone and thought id post a few gud'uns i 've seen.

Perhaps a few reasons why sparks often tell people here to 'Get someone in'.
This job isn't rocket science, but it is easy to get it wrong

The guy who did this blamed his teenage son for doing something wrong when he went upstairs. Like using the sockets?
The customer went very quite when i asked who had moved the stud wall that used to be there... (he is a half baked handyman come plasterer)

the same guy was trying to take the pee when i told him i was turning the power off. 'Why, i don't, the shocks i've had haven't hurt much' :eek:

Sponsored Links
customer, can you give me a quote to make the connections as the other builder had let him down and wasn't coming back...

Nope, not quote, but will estimate some where between 'a lot' and 'loads'

customer was trying to save my time by offering me the use of their extension lead, erm, no thanks.

It has worked for years without a problem, apparently

Sponsored Links
this customer was used to doing his own electrical work, but was too busy at the moment.

Its very, very easy, and electricians charge too much, apparently.

Doing a job a while back, the customers wife asks me to look at their loft light while I'm there. When they plug it in they get an occasional 'shocks' off the alli loft ladder.

This was the supply to the light

Approx 5m long, with a 13A fused plug on the end (not an RCD anywhere in the house at that time), and the insulation was split like that all over the place. The hubby had made it from some cable "he'd found in the loft" when they'd moved in..... never blown a fuse or anything so it must be OK :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back