a new bath .....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am thinking about install a new bath (just a basic one from wickes/b and q) - am thinking of getting a plastic type. my old one is green and looks horrible and i want a white one!! i can do some plumbing, the taps/waste, et including pipework would be no probs for me, it's just I have heard with baths, they obviously needed to be supported-eg the weight spreaded. do baths (from wickes/etc) come with cradles, brackets etc for this and maybe even instructions to follow? i don't want to put a bath in incorrectly and it to come through the ceiling!!! :) thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links
they come with leg surports that you screw on to a chipboard base.
i useally make my own surports to fit round the rim of bath when against the wall.

ok so will the bath i choose tell me i need chipboard??! or will that also come with the bath?

on the one with a chipboard base that comes already secured to the base of the bath. all you need to do is secure the legs to the chipboard base by screws that are supplied with the bath.

Sponsored Links
oh ok that sounds ok. i just was worried as i've seen baths with wooden frames, etc all around them and i'm not a carpenter!!! i know some baths have screws that are chased into the wall also!

sometimes you'll have to make a frame etc as the bath maybe slightly shorter than the space your putting it in so you make a section of frame and tile it.
or make a frame for the bath panel to stop it pushing in to far etc.
the cheap baths from the sheds are what they are basic & cheap.

hmmm i see, so basically if the bath is a few inches shorter than the space, cut a wooden batten of the correct size, insert it between the bath and wall, and tile over the wooden part that is showing?...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back