A story about Galileo. Possibly true?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Galileo amassed years of careful observations about the movements and stars and was about to publish his theories about the Earth not being the centre of the Universe.

Joe-90 came along and saw what Galileo was about to do, "FFS" Joe proclaimed, "You cannot publish that!"

"Why not?" asked Galileo?

"Cos I have observed the stars and they go around the EARTH, its obvious, you just need to watch them."

"But what about the movements of the planets? How do you explain them?" asks Galileo.

"Easy" says Joe. "Planets means wandering stars, and that is what they are, what more explanation do you need?"

"But my theories and measurements show how the planets including us orbit the Sun!"

"FFS. Use your noodle mate" replied Joe-90 "If everything looks like its revolving around us then it is!"

And in one stroke, Joe-90 showed the brilliance of his brain, and proved that scientific theory and observation holds no weight when it contradicts Joe-90.

That is why Joe-90 should be held in the highest esteem, and ranked as the foremost intelligence on this planet. If you want a science question answered, do not observe and experiment, just ask Joe.

Sponsored Links
There's something's disturbing about this thread. Borders on the obsessive.

He's had his ass right royally kicked and he ain't happy. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

That depends.

Everyone here has their own POV and airs it.

Whether anybody agrees is quite another matter.

Where two disagree, who's to say who is right?

Sponsored Links
Science and logic say who is right - and it's not him. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Go and visit Pisa Cathedral sometime. The chandelier which Galileo saw swinging is still there. From these observations, he developed the theory of the pendulum, which revolutionised timekeeping for centuries. All without Joe89's help.

I answered the question that you asked. If you want a different one answering then start a new thread.

I answered the question about what would happen if the sun were to disappear instantly - dunno what you answered, but it wasn't the question you asked.

my question is, how soon after the Sun has disappeared would the lack of the Suns gravitational pull take effect?

my question is, how soon after the Sun has disappeared would the lack of the Suns gravitational pull take effect?

The sun cannot disappear in our universe. If it could, it would take away the gravity field associated with it.

Sponsored Links
Back