A280P Combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Here's my problem when I start the shower after a short time (enough for a quick shower) the water turns stone cold. Then I can’t get the hot water back through without turning the shower control to full hot. Whilst it is warm, the flow is low but enough for a shower. When it went cold, the flow increases a fair bit. I've had 2 plumber out to no avail..
Alfie

:cry:

Sponsored Links
I would guess its an alpha 280p and it needs a new diaphram

Sponsored Links
Do your hot taps also play up if not its probably stat cartridge in shower

Shower is new Taps are new. It's not the mixer shower that has not thermostat. Thanks

OK turned hot tap in bath full on that never goes cold. So problem is the shower goes cold as above. The shower is a mixer one with no thermostat just an insert with 2 holes to let either hot or cold to the head dependant on mixer handle position. So could it be that the A280 switches off after supplying hot water to the shower for a while because it sees a low flow or is there a fault with an A280 part? Sorry I didn't have full info before.
Alfie
:rolleyes:

Ok heres a bit more info in the hope it helps you to help me.

1. The hot water output is only about 60% of the cold water (I was told they should be about the same)
2. If you turn the mixer shower tap to midway (50%) the boiler cuts off and only cold water comes out.
3. If you turn the washbasin tap down so that it is only 20% on the boiler cuts off and only cold water comes out.
:cry:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back