AA Plumbing?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just seen an advert advertising call out Plumbers and sparks by the AA. What next, it seems everyone is jumping on the band wagon that left 10 years ago!

Andy

Sponsored Links
nice providing you get the job done in an hour or it's £58 every 15 mins :eek:

Subsequent hours charged in 15 minute intervals £58.

Is this another Homeserve take over?

Andy

Sponsored Links
Don't tell me, did they treat you bad aswell?

Andy

not so much bad but the people who you paid in to where thick on the phone and didn't quite understand the word no i'm not doing it or going there.

accounts where a bunch of to**ers had more than a few arguements with them & richard pougher.

The advert seems to infer that plumbers that advertise in newspapers are cowboys :eek: :eek:

Where did you get this from?

The AA is just acting as the agent for an insurance company. You pay an annual premium see http://www.theaa.com/insurance/home-emergency-response.html

If you take the boiler cover you are covered up to £2000 per event, but no more than 4 events per year or a maximum of £8000 per annum.

The only problem I can see is that the premium includes non-heating related things, such as rat infestation etc. Also, being an insurance policy, you have no say over who does the work. The insurance company will farm it out to whoever is the cheapest.

Where did you get this from?

The AA is just acting as the agent for an insurance company. You pay an annual premium

you pay an annual fee if you want a insurance cover policy.
£58 for every 15 min intervals after the first hour is the price you pay if you just call them out and don't have insurance cover with them.

Sponsored Links
Back