Abuse of Trust by vailiant

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
From: A Concerned Installer : Concerned Installer - Vaillant

Dear fellow installer,

Vaillant is actively using details from guarantee cards sent back by you 8 years ago to generate new boiler enquiries for one of your competitors - Yorkshire based company Help-Link. I have attached the letter from Vaillant to a consumer to the bottom of this email.

This seems like outrageous behaviour. If you fit Vaillant boilers you should be worried, ticking the guarantee card to protect you and your customer seems to have its limits.

We all rely on doing a good job for our customer so we gain another boiler install next time round, but Vaillant appear intent on trying to prevent this and instead want the repeat business to go elsewhere – in this case to a national competitor.

The free phone number in the letter below is actually Help-Link. So this does not appear to be a lead generation exercise for local Vaillant installers by Vaillant, or you’d think Vaillant would take the consumers call and distribute the lead accordingly. This appears to me to be a cynical way to entice the consumer, after only 8 years of having a Vaillant boiler installed, to install another Vaillant boiler based on Help-Links £17 a month offer, which nearly all of us cannot compete against, by using your data!

After revealing the Worcester use of guarantee cards to amass maintenance plans, this is yet more alarming news and to me an abuse of trust. Where’s the loyalty? It seems some boiler manufacturers pay scant regard to the installers who loyally fit their products.

One thousand two hundred businesses have now replied thus far agreeing with my sentiments. As stated before it will not be long before I get the forum up and running so we all have a unified voice.

So as usual any other information or comments you have regarding Vaillant is welcome by return email as are any comments by Vaillant.

Kind Regards

Sent: Wednesday, May 08, 2013 6:21 PM
To:
Subject
Concerned Installer

letter to follow, please reply to concerned installer with your views and spread the word to fellow installers.

:cry:

Sponsored Links
Boring!

Is it not an abuse of our trust that Gasman247 keeps using out emails to send this crap!
Worst thing is he's a member of this forum.

Rather that avoiding manufacturers that do this, maybe we should avoid using the forum so that he can't get your details to keep spamming you!

We think we have identified the "concerned installer".

A lot of us don't appreciate anonymous spam; no matter how well intended.

His email and iP address have been reported.

Sponsored Links
Dan there's two names given in the CC? With you coming in here saying we know, thought you'd got it nailed.

I don't understand why people are getting worked up about this guy, whoever he is.
Just mark his email as junk.
It's not as if we don't all get loads of spam constantly anyway.

For any non trade people reading this and wondering what its all about a little explanation may be helpful.

Many of the gas registered people here have received this email from someone who signs as Gasman 247 but does not give any other form of identification.

Some have replied to him and he might have responded to them but still does not give any identification.

He has gone to considerable trouble to hide his identity and uses an email from a firm that provides "hidden" addresses which cannot easily be traced. But they are sent from an IP which can sometimes point to particular users.

Trades people are always interested in matters which affect their business. But this individual has gone to such trouble and probably paid to use this hidden email service that we are very concerned about what his motives really are.

Tony

The poster can hide behind a proxy IP tony, so not necessarily gasmans247s addy.

If that is the case and someone is going to that much trouble to hide his/her ID then you should all be worried.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back