A Viessmann Vitoden 200,Is it a good choice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Home with 12 Rads, one bath tab bath room upstairs.

Presently the home has Open Vented Fully Pumped system A Potterton Prima 80F.

Would a Vitoden 200 35kW combi boiler aduquate replacement or should one go for a higher kW?

I would prefer to install the Viessmann Vitoden as searching around in here, I find bad reputation for Vaillant on customer services and for Baxi's quality.
Please don't take offence if you are ardent lovers of either Baxi or Vaillant, I as going for a new boiler put in, want to have one that I could trust from customer services and functional reliability. [I know all will fail some time in the future]

Thank you for your thoughts.

Regards

Sponsored Links
12 radiators so roughly 1.5kw per rad means you need
18kW of heating.

Haven't had anything to do with vess some people complaining about parts availability.

I would go atag sealed system boiler.

18kW of heating.

Sorry for my lack of knowledge on the boilers...

Does that suggest my home better with a Non-Combi heating system- that is to say, Hot-Water tank in the airing cupboard fed by a cold water cystern and fully pumped.?
Can you suggesta a Boiler specification as for my starting point?

I am adviced that a combi boiler would do as good as a sealed one according the person visited my premises.

regards

the viessmann is a fantastic boiler with their own vitotronic 200 (weather compensation) controls , but in your case the 35kw is only useful if you have a decent incoming mains flow...then there is the issue of the gas pipe...

Sponsored Links
but in your case the 35kw is only useful if you have a decent incoming mains flow...then there is the issue of the gas pipe...
Hi,
A decent incoming mains flow.. does that mean the water flow?
& Issues with the Gas pipe... What could that be/

Is Vitrotonis 200 is different to Vitoden 200 [Combi version]?

BG put in the gas system around our place in the last 25 years.

Would you be able to help me understand??
Regards

yes you need a decent flow on the mains for a combi..at least 20 l/m.. the only reason to have a 35kw combi is for fast filling of baths... they very rarely are able to supply two hot taps at a time, unless both taps are flow regulated...

the boiler kw output determines the amount of gas used (logically) if you have a combi now it is likely to be 24kws...so the gas pipe will probably be sized for that. if you get a 35kw boiler then you will probably need a bigger gas pipe.

vitotronic 200 is the weather compensation controller.. its not that common or well understood in the Uk but its the way that the boilers are designed to be controlled, at least in their home market of germany..

Hi ALEC1
the boiler kw output determines the amount of gas used (logically) if you have a combi now it is likely to be 24kws...so the gas pipe will probably be sized for that. if you get a 35kw boiler then you will probably need a bigger gas pipe.
Hi Thanks for that.
The specification on my present boiler indicates 35kW Open Vented [Heat only] Pottorton Prima 80 F. The water feeders are 28mm pipes to this boiler. It has gas 20 mbar atleast for it.

So having a Viessmann Vitoden 35kW should not be a problem in theory/
What do you feel...

Regards

the potterton 80f is probably 24kws...

the 120f would be 35kws...

the potterton 80f is probably 24kws...

the 120f would be 35kws...

I do not think the Potterton went up to 120F [I am not aware of it]
The literature search suggests it went up to 100F.

Having said that, My Potterton minimum requirement for the gas is 20mbar & my presumption is that gas should be 20mbar or more??!!
The gas connected from beneth- 1/2" BSP Female connector as for the gas connection. Does that make any sence with regard to Gas flow?
What is your opinion?
Regards

I only have opinions about the boiler you are planning to buy which is high as long as you take the weather compensation control!

On other stuff you need to get a gas safe registered installer to inspect it!

I only have opinions about the boiler you are planning to buy which is high as long as you take the weather compensation control!

On other stuff you need to get a gas safe registered installer to inspect it!

Thank you very much ALEC1.

I have no intention what so ever doing anything myself. It is for my understanding prior to agree for anything with my installation.

once again thank you for your valuable time taken to answer questions.
Regards

18kW of heating.

Sorry for my lack of knowledge on the boilers...

Does that suggest my home better with a Non-Combi heating system- that is to say, Hot-Water tank in the airing cupboard fed by a cold water cystern and fully pumped.?
Can you suggesta a Boiler specification as for my starting point?

I am adviced that a combi boiler would do as good as a sealed one according the person visited my premises.

regards

Yes you can go for a combi boiler if you wish to remove the hot water tank. In which case you buy the size of boiler according to how fast you want the delivery of hot water. My choice would still be an atag.
ECX model with the condensate tank to preheat the cold main before it get
to the boiler for heating.

Thank you dcawkwell
Yes you can go for a combi boiler if you wish to remove the hot water tank. In which case you buy the size of boiler according to how fast you want the delivery of hot water. My choice would still be an atag.
ECX model with the condensate tank to preheat the cold main before it get
to the boiler for heating.

I could find atag ECX 325EC on google search. Is that the one are you referring to? Would mind answering?
Regards

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back