Accenta 6 alarm- no code & keypad inoperative

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an accenta 6 alarm which was installed before I moved in. I don't have the code. The alarm sounded for a while then stopped. Now the blue light is flashing outside and the keypad is lit but unresponsive. Any ideas before the burglars decide I'm on holiday and nick my telly?

Sponsored Links
a temp thing is to dissconect the wire marked

stobe, strb or something similar to that (it will at least stop the light) but dont dissconect anything else

But you want to try & sort it out & get it operational if you can?

Let us know which leds are showing, and maybe we can get it going again.

Is it under contract, do you know?

Sponsored Links
You will nedd tp power down both mains and battery.
Within 5 secs you then need to press reset (twice, I think)
That should then bring back the default settings ie your user code should be 0123 and the engineer's code will be 9999.
Hope that helps.

thats of no use, since it will also need to be re programmed

None of the LEDs are lit on the control panel. Only the keypad is lit.

breezer!!!!! it al depends what this guy wants the alarm for ie, part set or not, as zone 1 is factory set at entry/exit, with 30 seconds set time! so loading factory setting is the way forward!
it sounds like the panel has locked out, on these panel's iv found that this happens when the standby batt is up the creek without padel....
do you know how old the system is? is there a date on the batt in the panel? is the batt lumpy/not smoth? as you should change the batt if lumpy or 4 years old+......
change this when you down power and im sure all will be fine, ;)

Correction: the power LED is lit on the control panel.
Only the keys on the RKP are lit- there are LED's for each zone and a power LED on the RKP. All unlit[/i]

I have copied this from a recent post of mine here:

(Follow Optima Compact instructions (terms 13 & 23 for the Accenta 6).

If your system is NOT Accenta 6, do not follow these instructions!

You must only undertake this work if

A. You are electrically competent.

B. Your system is NOT under contract.

C. You do this at your own risk.

You may have to clear the NVM.

This will wipe any programmed information off the chip and reset to factory conditons.

Or, if you have the engineer code, you can do the same via the RKP.

From Day mode, press PROG.

Enter engineer code (factory set at 9999 - if this does not work, then the installer has set his own code).

Press SET twice.

Factory conditions are re-installed onto the chip.

To reset to factory conditions the harder way:

With either system: Power down mains. Remove front cover. Disconnect battery.

With older Optima: Remove all wires from terminals 9 & 19. Fit wire link between the two, and apply power.

With Optima Compact: Remove all wires from terminals 13 & 23. Fit wire link between the two, and apply power.

System will now power up with no alarm condition.

Remove the wire link, replace the original wiring, checking the ATTACK led goes out. The Zone Leds will now show when each zone is breached.

Refit the cover, checking the TAMPER led goes out. When the system is clear, it will go into DAY mode & then the NVM will clear and factory conditions apply.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back