Accenta + ADE (Security Alarm Issue)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have an alarm Accenta+ ADE. When bought the house they just gave us the code and no instructions. Alarm went off last night. Had to switch off the main electricity to the entire house and restart the main electricity to the house and entered the code and the noise went off. But it now on top of the panel the LCD light is on for digit 1 on the alarm panel. The back garden sensor light is constantly comes on & off now and I don't know how to stop it. Any help will be appreciated. Many thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_2986.JPG
    IMG_2986.JPG
    92.4 KB · Views: 6,723
Sponsored Links
Did the alarm only go off after you turned the power off and back on? What did you have to turn off the power for? i.e. was you doing some electrical work, drilling etc...?
Also is the light connected to your alarm or is that a separate issue? By constant do you mean on/off every second or on for 10mins, then off for a moment and then back on for 10mins etc..? Even during the daylight?

The alarm panel has always a red light on under the "power" text on the panel. The red light wasn't on but there was a noise outside the property. When I realised that it actually is our alarm causing the noise, I put in the code on the pad but it was not working at all. I then switched off the mains electricity to the entire house which cause the alarm with a much louder noise but when the mains was on then i could see the red light on under the power on the key pad. I inserted the code and the noise went off. But then the red LCD light was on on digit 1 and the back garden light was coming off/on every sec for the entire period last night till I left this morning. By the way I much appreciate your prompt response. I didn't know the alarm was connected to the back garden light.

Sponsored Links
i think you press the reset button to clear the red zone 1 led.

Press the code again then press reset. Should clear the alarm and stop the flashing.

Thank you so much for your kind and prompt responses. I followed your instructions and all is working fine now. Many thanks.

Behnam

You are suggesting that you had to turn the electricity off in order to enter the code. Was that the case?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back