Accenta 8 burglar alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi can anyone help?ive recently changed my pir from my accenta 8 mini alarm with two Honeywell ative8 pir units, I carefully made a note of the wiring at the old pir's and at the control box however when I put the power back on through the fused spur my new pir's won't power up as in the instructions!The tamper activates the alarm when i remove the front off the pir's but the system wont arm saying that they are noting movement,I've checked the internal fuse and the 3amp fuse and they are still good! Can anyone assist :confused: :confused: Thanks all

Sponsored Links
...ive recently changed my pir from my accenta 8 mini alarm with two Honeywell ative8 pir units...

Did you replace one PIR with two? Have you put two PIRs on two zones?

PIRs don't all have their connections in the same order - look for the +/- pair, the alarm pair and the tamper pair. Or were they fitted with resistors..?

Sponsored Links
Did the system fully power down when you removed the mains fuse? There is, or should be a backup battery

If no, you've probably blown a glass fuse; test with a meter or just replace it if blown

If yes; you need a new battery :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back