Accenta G4 Outside Sounder Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. Only just found this forum and I'm sure it'll be very useful in time to come!

I have a problem with an Accenta G4 system. I installed it just over a year ago and as far as I know, has worked fine til recently! But I got a call from the house owner saying that the outside sounder isn't working!? I popped round late 1 night, too late to be taking things apart, and went through the engineers code to activate strobe and bell but nothing happened? The internal sounder worked ok but the external is dead as a dodo! I'm going there tomorrow to take things apart and was wondering what people would suggest ?

Thanx for any point of view put forward!

Sponsored Links
It's a ADE Reson8 bell box and no the strobe, LEDs or sounder don't work!?

Sponsored Links
Am gonna check the fuses tom but why would they blow if no damage to the cable?

Water in bellbox , faulty bellbox nicad ......start with multimeter on DC range check between D and A for 13v

Ok, thanx, will do!

Somehow doubt water, it's on shipload type of cladding, but fault battery is a poss!

Once I've got this sorted, I'm thinking of illuminating the bell box. Would I be correct in thinking that I could put a 13v LED across D and A to do the job?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back