Accenta6 Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I hope someone can help,I have a accenta6 with Optional keypad.We had a power cut last wk for about 20mins (the alarm was not set at the time) When the power came back on the alarm went off,I tried to turn it off by the keypad would not turn off. I have had to pull the fuse & disconnect the battery inside the box to turn it off.I have fitted a new battery today the alarm does still not turn off I have just noticed the green Day indicator in the keypad is not lit.Any help would be appreciated
Thank You Kevin
[/b]

Sponsored Links
Are you using your own code ? As sometimes this control unit defaults its settings on a power fail with bad batteries. Try 0123. If that works then you need to re input your own code. Prog 0123 8 (new code) reset.

Hope this is of help.

You might have blown a fuse. Does the keypad bleep when you press it?

Sponsored Links
No. You may have damaged the microprocessor. It's an old panel anyway.

When you power down (disconnect battery and mains) then power up again what happens. Do you have the use of a test meter ? if yes then test the aux output it should be about 13.6 volts dc same on the battery output (with the battery disconnected) This will only check the basics as if it is over 15 or under 11 then best look to replace the control unit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back