Access to neighbours roof

Of course..... but this is a woman who blocked the entire cul de sac with her and her husbands car in the middle of summer for no apparent reason for 24 hours - no cars in, no cars out. When it finally boiled over and several people confronted her.... her reason was because 8 months earlier, another neighbour had had some trees removed and some saw dust blew on her drive and nobody offered to sweep it off. She's a complete arse and I know exactly what her response will be. I was asking on here for how other people have dealt with similar problems. I will of course 'try' and speak to her..... but she's beyond any kind of reason.

Useful information - clearly you need to approach her with caution. However, a written letter stating the works to be done with a written assurance that any mess will be cleaned up and any damage rectified may actually pacify her.

Either that, or speak to the husband :D

Sponsored Links
Useful information - clearly you need to approach her with caution. However, a written letter stating the works to be done with a written assurance that any mess will be cleaned up and any damage rectified may actually pacify her.

Either that, or speak to the husband :D

Husband will be a diminutive guy, likely even more terrified of his wife and afraid to mention it to her :)

Sponsored Links
Anything across the boundary, even a cantilevered bridging unit, needs permission if the landowner.

Yes, but I read the OP that she objected, or was thought to object, to the scaffolding actually standing ON the roof.
If she is refusing permission for anything even overhanging her air space by ten feet then I can see there are possibly problems.

Yes, but I read the OP that she objected, or was thought to object, to the scaffolding actually standing ON the roof.
If she is refusing permission for anything even overhanging her air space by ten feet then I can see there are possibly problems.
No the OP hasn't even asked!

I thought that Regs said you could only build up to within 600mm of your boundary.
Allowing a garage to be attached has turned a semi into a terraced!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back