Access to Washing Machine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am redesigning the utility and looking for any bright ideas on how to make more easy the movement of a very heavy (Miele) washing machine in and out of a fitted space just wide enough to accommodate the machine. Someone must have come across some good ideas or bits of kit to help with this issue. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Roller skates.

Okay, not really, but I have seen a setup resembling them, so appliances stood on a baseboard mounted on wheels. Not too sure it would work too well with a washing machine, as they tend to move about of their own accord even without the aid of casters.

One arrangement I chanced upon for a tumble drier was to stand it on a low 'table', putting the door at a very convenient height for loading. I made the 'table' wide enough to stand a laundry basket on in front of the machine door. The original intention was just to utilise the space under the table for storage, but it made loading the machine so much easier I would certainly consider doing it again if I am not restricted to installing a washer and drier below a normal kitchen worktop.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
I think you'll find that any accessory used here will make the machine a little too high, and could catch the worktop.
To shift washing machines, I put my arm through the door and upwards to the drum, and pull.
John :)

Sponsored Links
I am redesigning the utility and looking for any bright ideas on how to make more easy the movement of a very heavy (Miele) washing machine in and out of a fitted space just wide enough to accommodate the machine. Someone must have come across some good ideas or bits of kit to help with this issue. Thanks
Does the appliance has space above, if so the rollers suggested are very effective.Or you could try furniture skates, large slim disc with a friction free surface.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back