Accoustic ducting for bathroom fan.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am currently fitting a new bathroom and am unsure about the installation method for the accoustic ducting. I had no idea that the inner core is perforated, imagine my shock when I noticed the pin holes!

What I want to know is where do I clamp with the worm clips? Right now I have only clamped the inner core, and now realise that is useless because of the perforations. Do I need to clamp the exterior foil jacket and insulation or just the inner plastic sleeve?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Cover the exposed bit of perforated inner core with duct tape to cover the holes and then clamp it in place. Then pull the outer insulation over it and seal that in place with duct tape also.

It's an unusual choice of duct for a bathroom fan, they are not normally powerful enough to generate any duct noise.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back