Accumulator Store?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’m currently looking at installing an accumulator store to serve a 4 double bedroom house, there are 2 bathrooms and 2 shower rooms. I’ve had a brief look at the information on the stores and notice that the vessel capacity is actually around half of the total volume.

That said, I am thinking of a 450 litre volume store with a vessel capacity of 225 litres (presumably this is the water that is usable). Based on your experience would this be adequate for the likely demand of the property?

Sponsored Links
I’m currently looking at installing an accumulator store to serve a 4 double bedroom house, there are 2 bathrooms and 2 shower rooms. I’ve had a brief look at the information on the stores and notice that the vessel capacity is actually around half of the total volume.

That said, I am thinking of a 450 litre volume store with a vessel capacity of 225 litres (presumably this is the water that is usable). Based on your experience would this be adequate for the likely demand of the property?

It depends on use. Ask most people how often two baths have been filling at once and and the answer will most probably be never.

I would say that is fine. 225 is usually fine if two showers are being used simultaneously. There again how often will two be run together?

You could have just the baths and showers off the accumulator, so other outlets, that do not need high flows and pressures (dishwashers, etc) do not affect shower performance.

Sponsored Links
We dont take any notice of what he says!

Anyone with an understanding of accumulators knows that the mains pressure is a key factor in their usefulness and sizing them.

For big installations there is a possibility of precharging them to a higher water pressure by using a pump but that gives a good flow rate for a limited time until the accumulator is exhausted at which point it falls to a small trickle.

If the mains pressure is good then the mains supply will augment the output of the accumulator to give a longer assisted output.

Tony

and as usual the only thing from you is abuse. More nonsense to keep the moderators busy!

WARNING

If you want to take the advice of someone who is incompetent, unqualified and has never fitted a boiler or unvented cylinder or an accumulator in his life, then go ahead and listen to Big Burner.

All his information is obtained from brochures and the internet, which you can do equally as well yourself. In both mediums, manufacturers are always going to paint their products in a good light. Just search his previous, outrageous posts on here and then see for yourself. The only posters that appear to agree with him are those that are him using a different 'alias' and talking to himself.

He can never offer any qualified reason for his posts and always comes back with some pathetic off topic slur against anyone who exposes his true incompetence.

BB, you are still the laughing stock of this forum. RIP

WARNING

If you want to take the advice of someone who is incompetent, unqualified and has never fitted a boiler or unvented cylinder or an accumulator in his life, then go ahead and listen to Big Burner.

All his information is obtained from brochures and the internet, which you can do equally as well yourself. In both mediums, manufacturers are always going to paint their products in a good light. Just search his previous, outrageous posts on here and then see for yourself. The only posters that appear to agree with him are those that are him using a different 'alias' and talking to himself.

He can never offer any qualified reason for his posts and always comes back with some pathetic off topic slur against anyone who exposes his true incompetence.

BB, you are still the laughing stock of this forum. RIP

Everyone is entitled to thier own opinion. What are your thoughts to the opening question? Thanks

:eek:

It depends on use. Ask most people how often two baths have been filling at once and and the answer will most probably be never.

I would say that is fine. 225 is usually fine if two showers are being used simultaneously. There again how often will two be run together?

You could have just the baths and showers off the accumulator, so other outlets, that do not need high flows and pressures (dishwashers, etc) do not affect shower performance.

Thanks for your reply.

Everyone is entitled to thier own opinion. What are your thoughts to the opening question? Thanks

:eek:

They don't have any. This is the Internet where people you would not give the time of day to, can write.

If the mains pressure is low/poor then the Mainsboost charger would be a good solution.

Mainsboost

How much is this?

I have no idea and don't care as it's irrelevant to the question.

I could install a system that would be out of this world, if the poster can't or don't want to spend that sort of money, then he has to accept 2nd best.

The mainsboost is one solution that would work, so would be money well spent in my opinion.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back