Accumulator Store?

If the mains pressure is low/poor then the Mainsboost charger would be a good solution.

Mainsboost

How much is this?

I have no idea and don't care as it's irrelevant to the question.

Is isn't irrelevant.

I could install a system that would be out of this world, if the poster can't or don't want to spend that sort of money, then he has to accept 2nd best.

The mainsboost is one solution that would work, so would be money well spent in my opinion.

One of these can be made up quite cheaply. What appeases the water companies is having the pump draw less water that what the mains pipe can deliver - a water flow regulator before the pump ensures this. The water compys do not like suction on the mains pipe in the street as water can be draw from other houses into the main pipe causing contamination. The pump trickle charges the accumulator to higher pressures, not creating negative pressure on the mains pipe.

Accumulators and high flow combis are a great match when the mains pipe is poor.

Sponsored Links
You were doing quite well there BigBurner until the last line.

Accumulators and high flow combis are a great match when the mains pipe is poor.

When the mains flow is poor if the pressure is below 1.5bar then they are a waste of money.

You were doing quite well there BigBurner until the last line.

I always do brilliantly.

When the mains flow is poor if the pressure is below 1.5bar then they are a waste of money.

When the flow is poor. Got it? You can get them to work OK with only 1 bar. You reduce the charge pressure. 1 bar gives a decent shower.

Quite well I said, that's about 4/10.

1 bar is no good, if the fittings require a minimum 1.5bar

Sponsored Links
An accumulator won't work properly below 1bar. It will offer a limited flow increase but for a short time, and will not represent value for money. It is also likely to result in the internal diapraghm being stretched causing early failure.

If the OP has a pressure over 1.5b then an acccumulator will increase the flow rate; but I would want to measure the static pressure and current flow rate before making a recommendation, if it were one of or jobs. Like all installations, the survey is important.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back