Acrylic Weld?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any recommendations on a weld for joining clear acrylic/plexiglass?

So far I've tried Revell Professional Plastic Cement - it seems to do the job but I'm concerned that it's not the right stuff - especially as the braces I used to overlap the joint have developed a couple of cracks. I'm wondering if this is bacause it is not a pure solvent adhesive and may contain polystyrene etc. in dissolved form?

I've also got some Marley solvent pipe weld at home but this would produce a messier job if used as the Revell will flow along the joint by capillary action.

In the US it seems Weld-On is the product most used but it does not seem to be readily available in this country...

Sponsored Links
Chud - you need to use Tensol No 12 for general fabrication of acrylic (bonding edges) or Tensol No 70 for lamination & outdoor work. You can get this stuff from www.hindleys.com and others.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back