Adding a third shower - which type can I fit?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm about to get a third shower fitted upstairs. We already have a thermostatic shower (power I think) downstairs and an electric shower in the upstairs en-suite.

The cold water tank is in the loft and would provide between 2 & 4 ft of head. There is a cold water feed already to the new shower room but only a 6ml power line. The shower room is next door to the airing cupboard which houses the hot water tank. The water is heated by an ordinary gas boiler downstairs.

I'd like to fit a power shower but have been told that it would be affected by/affect the thermostatic shower. It looks as though we'd only be able to fit a puny electric shower with the current arrangement.

Can I fit another thermostatic/power/mixer & pump shower or do I need to go for an electric sort (with consequent re-wiring)?

Many thanks in advance,

Nigel

Sponsored Links
Interal pumped shower should be OK, cold feed to be directly from tank in loft, and hot from a "flange" of some sort on the HW cylinder. You might/should have one for the existing pumped shower. You could try sharing an existing one.
Could still suck air down the vent with 2 pumps running - if the cold feed to the HW cylinder is 22mm you may need to increase that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back