ADDING extra VERITAS 8 KEYPAD

Reaction score
Country
Kenya
Hi everyone,

I currently installed veritas 8 and now wanted to add a new keypad next to my bedroom, How can I go about this? Kindly help.
Gabrielwilliams.

Sponsored Links
It should be covered in the installation manual.

Off memory

Power down
Set new keypad to a different address (dip switches)
Connect keypad to panel
Power up
Test both keypads

Easiest way than a complete power down.

If glass fuses in the panel you can disconnect the glass fuse for the keypads no power just for the keypads.

If its not a glass fuse,(power down is probably best way to go) set dipswitch, wire in the new keypad keypad end first, then feed the cable to the panel and wire in (less likely to short something on the keypad)
If the wires are not stripped back until in the panel you are also unlikely to short the panel when the cable is threaded through.

Engineers code prog 09 (I think) shows the addresses of the keypads that are online, this is in the manual, note veritas 8c and Veritas 8 panels have a built in keypad and this isn't assigned an address, so max keypads are 6 remote keypads plus any panel built in ones.

Easiest way than a complete power down.

If glass fuses in the panel you can disconnect the glass fuse for the keypads no power just for the keypads.

If its not a glass fuse,(power down is probably best way to go) set dipswitch, wire in the new keypad keypad end first, then feed the cable to the panel and wire in (less likely to short something on the keypad)
If the wires are not stripped back until in the panel you are also unlikely to short the panel when the cable is threaded through.

Engineers code prog 09 (I think) shows the addresses of the keypads that are online, this is in the manual, note veritas 8c and Veritas 8 panels have a built in keypad and this isn't assigned an address, so max keypads are 6 remote keypads plus any panel built in ones.

i have ordered a new built in key pad as old one has numerous keys eg 4567890 not working? will i be able to just unplug old and plug in new and then enter code to reset after cover removal?

Sponsored Links
@Ronco55 well cheapest option is to replace the keypad buttons DCA-0015 kit

Depending on age a new keypad may work slightly differently and the four terminals for the keypad connection may not be in the same order but they should be labelled up the same

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back