How to add an additional keypad to texacom veritas

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Im currently trying to add an extra keypad as I am alarming up extra zones and this would be handy. I have a texacom veritas alarm which has a key pad already but how would I add an additional one, as well as add extra sounders to my out buildings? any help would be most helpful thank you.

Sponsored Links
You need to take a 4 core cable to the position of the new keypad. This can be either be connected directly to the keypad terminals in the alarm panel, or it can be daisy chaned off the existing keypad terminals, which ever is easiest. You just need to set the address of the new keypad to 1 using the four DIP switches on the top of the PCB.

What sort of sounders do you want in your out buildings?

Do you mean an external bellbox type, or just a speaker / sound bomb inside?

Hi thnks for the quick reply,

So I can basically just add the 4 core wire to the keypad and just double up the connections at the control panel, that sounds great.

Dont understand daisy chain as Im wanting to add 3 additional zones with a pir, my brother helping me with this I hope.

As for the sound, the bell box is at the front of the house, with the internal sounders, I was wanting extra noise at the back of the house at the outbuildings , hence the extra zones, so what ever is easiest, a bell box or sounder, or sound bomb sounds good,pardon the pun,

Hear from you soon

You need to take a 4 core cable to the position of the new keypad. This can be either be connected directly to the keypad terminals in the alarm panel, or it can be daisy chaned off the existing keypad terminals, which ever is easiest. You just need to set the address of the new keypad to 1 using the four DIP switches on the top of the PCB.

What sort of sounders do you want in your out buildings?

Do you mean an external bellbox type, or just a speaker / sound bomb inside?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back