Adding more ways to 16 way mk consumer unit

What did the LABC officer say when you asked them BEFORE you started the work? Were they ok with you doing this alteration to the BB?

D'oh, you didn't notify did you!

My advise would be to STOP work now and get onto BC on Tuesday morning telling them your plans they will then guide you as to what to do, don't tell them you have started the work though.

I say the above as from your previous reply it appears you are doing the work and from your previous posts on here you are clearly not competent. I mean no offence by this but I do not wish your family or visitors to your house to be injured or DIE just so you can save a few quid, it might sound harsh but you really are playing with fire.

Sponsored Links
This work is being undertaken by an electrician, but thanks for our concern, I wouldn't know where to start with this kind of work

This work is being undertaken by an electrician, but thanks for our concern, I wouldn't know where to start with this kind of work

Then you need to get another electrician for the sake of your family the person you have is clearly not competent.

Sponsored Links
Yes it's full, but how many outgoing ways are actually in use?

As I said earlier, you could utilise an unused breaker or replace it with one to match the design of the new circuit.

of course the easy option is to mount a 2nd enclosure next to the first and extend the busbars with a bit of tri-rated :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back