Adding radiators to a CH system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have just added 2 small radiators to a newly built extension. The pipework can be seen in the attached image. I thought it would be best to connect the pipework from the 2 22mm drain pipes that were available next to each other.

The radiators are about 3-4 meters away from these connecting Ts and all the pipework is underground.
The issue is that they are not getting heated. One gets barely lukewarm after 1 hour of CH and the other one stays cold. The top connecting pipe from the first drain pipe is piping hot, so why is the hot water not reaching the radiator?
Can this TRV be a culprit. They are both full open at number 5 position @ moment. I bought 2 of these:
http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Hea...c+Radiator+Valve+10mm+15mm/d230/sd2762/p80954

Thanks for your help in advance.
ffsux.jpg
[/url][/img]

Sponsored Links
Maybe a balancing issue. Try turning all other radiators off and see if the new ones work any better.

Never seen these rad valves but on some Trv's you have to manually set the flow direction by taking the head off on turning a screw one way or another. Also have you made sure tHe lock shield are open?

Hi,

The lockshields are open. The pump is at speed 2, should I try running it at speed 3?

I am also skeptical about this thermostatic valve. Please refer to pic with the bare valve without the cover.

Can I try opening any of the two nuts to see if water flows through? (never opened them before, don't know why there are 2 nuts).

Please help.
w3b9h.jpg
[/url][/img]

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back