Adding sockets

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not convinced he said that BAS. i normally connect from one socket to the next, and if for some reason this is impossible then to a junction box instead. eventually you get back to the start and have a ring.

Yes, I know that stuff about sockets, but how often does this happen. Pretty much demonstrates that spurs would virtually never be pulling 26A because virtually no double socket is ever being asked to do this. Or they would be busy catching fire every night and manufacturers would be getting some very stroppy letters.

Exactly. If a radial has a bit coming off wired in the same cable then I would not call it a spur at all. So why does the OSG say you can have a spur from a radial. Then fail to say you can use 2.5mm? Spurring rather implies using a smaller cable, wouldn't you say?

Sponsored Links
I wish to add two twin 13A sockets into an existing ring main connected to a 30A 'breaker'

Duly went out and bought 2.5mm cable

Once under the floor I noticed that the existing installation is with 4mm cable

Must I use 4mm cable or will the 2.5mm due I guess I would be safest using 4mm but unfortunately my local DIY store dont have any?

1) Don't hijack a year old thread.

2) If it's a ring final then 2.5mm² will be fine, but if it's a ring final then why is it wired in 4mm²?

post locked, see ban-all-sheds 1st comment

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back