adding upvc mouldings to existing window

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello There, the upvc mouldings were coming away from a couple of windows and I have removed them to be replaced with similar 28mm wide strips around them. I'm having a senior moment however and having just filled in the holes that were left from pulling the old strips away and rubbed them down evenly....should I undercoat first before applying the strips with mastic or as someone suggested in the local, apply apv before sticking on the strips and then painting? :confused:

Sponsored Links
If you are replacing with similar 28mm upvc strips....why are you painting them ????

Sorry, I meant that I have had to fill in holes from the damage of the plaster which extended wider than the original upvc strips that were removed. I'm not painting over the new 28mm pvc strips.

Yeah once I posted I looked and though balls ,I know what you meant...been a long day today.

I always used caulk to stick trims on,and super glue where the trim hits the window...they won't fall off again :)

If you do use super glue,don't get one that's to runny...Try cutting a small notch in the glue nozzle and use finger to guide glue down the edge that goes against the window frame.

Caulk on the wall. super glue on the trim and press trim onto the wall slightly away from the window frame and then slide it over...best way if you have never done this before...less chance of super glue getting all over your window frames. glue activator helps set the glue after its in place,just wipe of excess afterwards as it can sometimes stain.

Hope this helps.

Rob.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back