ade optima compact G4 non responsive

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i have a ade optima compact alarm which i have wired up to the mains and battery with the links in the tamper as in the manual
cant get anything from the keypad or speaker all the fuses are ok
the only leds lit are the mains power led and the 2 green ones behind the key pad for illumination
the power is getting to the pir's
but nothing from any of the buttons i have tried reset and engineer mode but still nothing
everything on the pcb looks ok keypad ribbon etc
is this bin fodder or can it be sorted out
i am an audio visual engineer with a hobby of building diy audio amplifiers so i have multimeters scopes etc

Sponsored Links
Is this a new install ?
Second hand equipment ?
Existing and been working ok
Post photo of pcb

Power system down.Then
Power up mains first then battery
Looks like all tamper are linked out so should have no faults there.
Could try a factory default and see what happens then.

Sponsored Links
Was the lid off ? If so power up on battery then hold in tamper switch and try a button press

Dusty bin then ....panel is a load of crap since they where made in China , you never had any issues with the old ones made in Merseyside...seems to be loads on Ebay selling as parts only ...

Try mains only with out battery connected,if no joy then as sparky says,321 Dusty bin time

Think of a battery as a petrol tank just because you can smell petrol, - 12v - it doesn't mean there is any fuel - Ampere - in the tank.

A new battery can have no 'fuel' the same as an old one can, does.

Last edited:
Think of a battery as a petrol tank just because you can smell petrol, - 12v - it doesn't mean there is any fuel - Ampere - in the tank.

A new battery can have no 'fuel' the same as an old one can, does.
Hi
the battery is fine i have just put a 100w 8R resistor in series with a current meter and it drew 1.5amp @ 11.89v then rises up to 12.70v when disconnected

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back