Adive with fitting low level toilets

No, still too high. 1" into the syphon won't even reach the bottom of the cistern therefore the brackets should probably be above the top of the flush pipe. Most of the time flush pipes are long and cut to suit. Why not fit the cistern to the height in the diagram above and cut the flush pipe to suit? Much easier than guessing.

Sponsored Links
No, still too high. 1" into the syphon won't even reach the bottom of the cistern therefore the brackets should probably be above the top of the flush pipe. Most of the time flush pipes are long and cut to suit. Why not fit the cistern to the height in the diagram above and cut the flush pipe to suit? Much easier than guessing.

If I put the brackets 1.25inch below the flush pipe won't that allow the flush pipe to sit about 1inch into the toilet syphon

Jesus!!!

2 pages!!!

Use the diagram FROM THE FIRST ANSWER.

Measure the distance from the screw holes to the base of the cistern then take this off the total height shown for the screw holes!!!!! Hey presto the height of the brackets!!!

As for the flush pipe if it is a old type lever handle cistern you can push the flush pipe in anywhere from 1" to 4" as it is just a tube inside.
If it is a push button the flush pipe will hit an internal stopper after about 1" so there is no other option of how far to go!!!!!

PS I have fitted possibly 500 for various housing associations so I may have a idea on this!!!!!!

TOP TIP screw the pan down last. That way you will defo get the flush pipe straight and it will be easier to get the flush pipe in.

THE END :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Another tip: don't put the screws directly into the cistern. Some use tap washers, some use LP balvalve seats.This is mine. NOT done by me, I hasten to add!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back