ADT unable to remote reset, have to do it in person??

As for rules & regs that can be inforced, I have seen documents falsified just to keep the assesor from the inspectorate happy. :eek:

The company even paid a guy to come in to make sure we where up to the standard ready for the assesment. The guy tried his best like, should have seen his face when he seen the response times for one our cctv platforms - NetVu it was only manned by one guy and it was the system with the most connections going on every week. When you went to the toilet or to make a brew it was left unmanned as there was no body else to cover it alarms had to wait. As for the main platform that was adpro VC, that was always busy sometimes 60 alarms in the list waiting to be answered. Could be 45 mins before you get to the bottom alarm. As for missing intruders that comes with what we call click & drop just check your quad screen & dont even make live only when we where really busy. Even missed intruders on high profile customers & cameras getting stolen, Even had the odd fasttrace knicked off a site :eek:, Just blame the installer & hope for the best.

We had one customer in london we had on a panasonic system that used to call us up every night to set the cctv system. The software didnt allow this but we never told them as they paid an extra £400 a year for the privelage, We never had any false alarms off them :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Ah professionals at work. :D

No not all professionals are bad i just worked for one that was run badly.

The response times where bad for the CCTV but the intruder alarm monitoring was always to standard i must give them that

I know a few guys that went down the road to work at another ARC & that is bang on, enough operators to deal with the alarms & everybody is trained up properly, That was NSI Gold so that may have something to do with it.

says the bloke taking money off people for a "shed" ..noise making item....

Your really going downhill are you not sunshine.

Your condemning a person not involved in fitting or specifying systems.
One who clearly has little or no understanding of them.

Bit like you and shed alarms really.
Have you worked out how a DT works yet?
Let alone why you should not stick detection units with tape!!

Sponsored Links
"why you should not stick detection units with tape"

Never found 'tape' that will securely hold anything vertically.

It always allows twisting of the item, sagging, don't need to go on.

Horizontal use, not so bad, but who wants a detector looking at the ceiling?

Tape is only for short cut merchants who can't be bothered to do the job correctly.

says the bloke taking money off people for a "shed" ..noise making item....

Your really going downhill are you not sunshine.

Your condemning a person not involved in fitting or specifying systems.
One who clearly has little or no understanding of them.

Bit like you and shed alarms really.
Have you worked out how a DT works yet?
Let alone why you should not stick detection units with tape!!

you are just an idiot as usual. Here we have outright evidence of people paying for services they aren't even getting but instead of criticising someone who is bad for your industry you come out with crap and lies as usual , Oh and a dual tech do you mean the Pir with a microwave thats easy unlike the pro firm that fitted them on my property who had to come back three times to reset the microwave sensitivity because cars parking 'outside the building' were setting off the alarm.

Tape is only for short cut merchants who can't be bothered to do the job correctly.

Well I hope the people cutting corners sticking stuff up with tape are listening to your worthy advice - sadly I aint one of them - never have - never will.

Well I hope the people cutting corners sticking stuff up with tape are listening to your worthy advice - sadly I aint one of them - never have - never will.
..... never said you did, BUT, doesn't your preferred supplier of DiY equipment supply tape?

you are just an idiot as usual. Here we have outright evidence of people paying for services they aren't even getting but instead of criticising someone who is bad for your industry you come out with crap and lies as usual , Oh and a dual tech do you mean the Pir with a microwave thats easy unlike the pro firm that fitted them on my property who had to come back three times to reset the microwave sensitivity because cars parking 'outside the building' were setting off the alarm.

You will note he was incorrect in his statement about alarm systems, however as you know nothing about them its not surprising that you never noticed this is it.
So for the ~"idiot" the cap still fits in your instance.

As for a DT it will not trigger with only one technology being triggered, the relays de-energise with BOTH being triggered.
Stupid again, it really suits you.

And you miss the point of my colleagues post, again your showing your stupidity :mrgreen:

I also still cannot see where payment was taken for services not provided, a reset was given in person which if it was a confirmed it has to be, again your lack of knowledge shows.

Not a good day for you again is it!

You will note he was incorrect in his statement about alarm systems, however as you know nothing about them its not surprising that you never noticed this is it.
So for the ~"idiot" the cap still fits in your instance.

As for a DT it will not trigger with only one technology being triggered, the relays de-energise with BOTH being triggered.
Stupid again, it really suits you.

And you miss the point of my colleagues post, again your showing your stupidity :mrgreen:

I also still cannot see where payment was taken for services not provided, a reset was given in person which if it was a confirmed it has to be, again your lack of knowledge shows.

Not a good day for you again is it!

Well I am only passing on the info of the pro installerstold me so they have got it wrong or have you because turning down the microwave setting in the sensors did actually stop the false alarms that were seemingly triggered when cars parked next to the building where rooms were covered with DT's.
If you didn't read the bit about someone paying £400 for something they weren't actually getting then it's not my fault you cannot read.

Right basics, a DT had DUAL TECHNOLOGY , no sorry been thru this before. You were misunderstanding.
You have not read up on the links previously provided and still show stupidity on alarm systems.
Try reading about DT`s and how two items.................bored again.......you should have read this before.

You were either, too stupid to understand, or used a lie for your employers.
Simple, as are your arguments on this.

As for the £400, I did read this and it is not a "Alarm" issue. It is a CCTV and ARC issue.
Not the same is it, not correct either. But that is for a regulatory body to take up ( and if I find out the ARC I will report it).
But you only have yourself to answer to.
Sellotaping items to the wall, as you have said before.

I think that old saying "people in glasshouses" is very apt here.
I work and conform to regulations.

You sir, do not.

Sellotaping items to the wall, as you have said before.
I work and conform to regulations.

You sir, do not.

Nope don't need toor have to so off you go and cry in a corner.
Nor have I EVER sellotaped anything to a wall but you keep clinging onto that illusion if it makes you feel better. Me I just know that I won't be signing people up to services they don't actually get. As you said if you find out who it is you will report them.
Strangely I don't think you will when you p1ss in the same pot.

All of that again shows your lacking in understanding.
And if you think we do not try and indeed do make the industry better then.............actually a waste of time talking to a chancer fitting cheap ungraded stuff for money and telling people it is the best.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back