Advertising!!!!!!

gam

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

Just thought i would ask what you all do for advertising.

I plaster and tile and have been advertising in the local Paper but do not have much response,

Where do you all advertise?

What do you find the most successful?

Look forward to hearing from you

Gaz

Sponsored Links
being new to the "game" i have advertised on yell.com and in the yellow pages, very expensive the latter but defo worth while, my thoughts are hoping that next year wont need as w.o.m travels. also do a leaflet run locally.

and not forgetting business cards all over.

try the parish magazine.

seriously

a small display ad.

will get (some of the) local people.

Sponsored Links
First of all, check the wording of your ad - no matter where you want to 'publish' it

Would you call, trust someone based on your text is the guiding thought that should lead you to better wording.

Whenever you work in houses and there are different trades working there give them your number/card to pass on.
If you are any good they will pass it on. People prefer to have a recommendation than use adverts..
I regularly pass on plasterers/tilers/chippies etc numbers onto customers but also tell them who to avoid so it can work both ways

update your profile with your location so that we can get an idea of your local...

if you're in my area, I need a plasterer...

update your profile with your location so that we can get an idea of your local...

if you're in my area, I need a plasterer...

my cousin is a plasterer and he's in leicestershire but travels all over w. mids too.

Hi

Many thanks for the posts.

I am based in Northamptonshire col, if you would like to drop me an email.

I don't advertise, but if I did I'd rather be dragged over hot coals by wild horses than appear in Yellow Pages.

yellow pages are a bunch of money grabbing pushy overpriced annoying ******s. Friday ad is an absolute gold mine for us.

one to remember, flyers are zero rated for vat. Not all printers know that, so worth pointing out if youre not vat registered and they try to charge it.

one to remember, flyers are zero rated for vat. Not all printers know that, so worth pointing out if youre not vat registered and they try to charge it.
In the largest town nearby (Ashford Kent) plans are in place to fine everyone handing out commercial flyers! (Rubbish prevention) So, be warned ;)
(so don't write rubbish ;)

yellow pages are a bunch of money grabbing pushy overpriced annoying ****.

Im in this years yellow pages and already have had enough work to pay for itself, and ive only been in it 3 or 4 weeks.

I have only ever advertised in my local paper, and never looked back from day one. I now get a lot of referrals too.

I've had YP bugging me forever, making various claims about how much business I'll get from them, the word guarantee comes up, and I ask them to prove it, they haven't yet. ;o)

i nether advertised but been working steadely for over 10 years by sub-contracting to building firms which tiling on most major developments is about £10 per SQ mtr ,with sub contracting im in work with out the need to worry about ripoff house holders have you tried the inland revenues construction industry scheme

Sponsored Links
Back