ADVERTISING

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

I'm after a bit of info from other trademens out there.

We've just completed a web site for our business and I was wondering what is the the way to advertise it?

We have been approached by Yell, but they want bank details. I told them if I did put it through Yell then I would pay via Credit card, he told me that he would have to find out if this is ok.

Has anybody else had any experience will Yell regarding this.

Any helpful hints will be much appreciated.

Andy

Sponsored Links
Yell's a waste of time and money to be honest. We've "sacked" them.

Proper content and valuable information on your site will bring google and visitors to your site quicker and for less money.

Avoid Yell like the plague, Complete waste of money! I spent close to a grand on advertising with them and in return recieved one call, I got the job amounting to a whopping £80!

Search reviews for yell on google and you will find hundreds of unhappy customers wishing they had just set fire to £20 notes! as woodyoulike says good content on your site will keep it high in search engine rankings.

I've also heard that if you write a small review or explaination of what the company does on certain blogs and sites the site scanners that search engines use pick up your site much quicker and I think it also gives you an automatic high rank, not entirely sure how this works but again have a search for the best way to get your website at the top and whatever you do, never pay for the priveledge as it's not necessary.

Sponsored Links
we used yell and various other large advertsiers when we first strated. absolute waste of money, very few leads from them. We have a prominnet advert in our local friday ad, that links through to our website to give us coverage on a wider area. We changed to using the local glossy free magazines about 18 months ago and it has definetly paid off. The final piece of the jigsaw was to get our website re-done, but more imporatntly the guy that did it is very good at search engine optimisation (in other words he gets you up the lists) Every where we put our name it links to our website, which is in effect our shop window. We also got approval under one of the trading standards buy with confidence schemes that gives you more credence with money customers.
Im amazed at how many people want to use local tradesman and how quickly word of mouth spreads in a small community. ive also started doin some regular gardening columns in the magazines which keeps our name prominent as well.

stay clear of yell etc. they are dinosuars and few people use them these days

Sponsored Links
Back