Advice needed for a new shower.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I found myself on this site after my shower started leaking water from the unit and tripped out the fuse box, reading the advice on here it seems the PDR unit has gone (what ever that is) so I've decided to go for a new one.

Could anyone recommend a decent mid-range shower? The one I have now is a Triton Jade, I think its an 8.5w.

Will I need another Triton to fit where the old one went?

Can I fit a higher wattage shower?

What would be a decent mid range shower?

I remember when the guy did the bathroom he said it wasn't set up for a Power Shower. Also do I need an electrician or a plumber to fit it?

Thanks, I know its a lot of questions but I'm clueless with this kinda thing.

Ian.

Sponsored Links
You wont be able to go any higher than another 8.5kW, it's unlikely the cable will be man enough to take the extra load, at best may blow a fuse, at worst could cause a fire! :eek:

I suspect anything other than a Triton would require the water and electrical connections to be moved, depending on how much of a job and what you are willing to pay would determine the feasibility of that. My first choice would be Mira, failing that stick with Triton for aforementioned reasons. ;)

A Plumber should be able to fit provided it's a straight swap. Upgrade of electrics etc would probably require an electrician as well. A power shower uses a pump to provide a more powerful shower, but needs to draw hot and cold supplies from the respective tanks. Electric showers take a cold supply from the mains and heat it as required, hence the large demand for kW requiring a dedicated circuit from the consumer unit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back