Advice on best tool to cut curtain pole please

Well I'm not sure the OP wants to buy the latest expensive invention just to cut one curtain pole, when a traditional option is available.

I hate it when I ask for directions to a Tesco Metro shop across town and someone directs me to the helicopter flight school at the airport.

But its the perfect excuse to add to your tool collection. Whenever I find a use for a power tool, I buy it. I then start finding that I use that tool a lot and it pays for itself. Shouldn't need to resort to excuses to buy a power tool though

Sponsored Links
Only because they hadn't been invented, if they had them at the time, they would have used them.
Have you ever used a hacksaw? Multitools are most certainly not the only, and often not the best way to cut metal. This multitool obsession some folk have puts me in mind of the old saw, "If all you have is a hammer, then everything else is a nail!"

Sounds like you're missing a trick or two, then. How can you possibly live without a hacksaw, screwdriver or hammer? :eek:

Sponsored Links
But its the perfect excuse to add to your tool collection. Whenever I find a use for a power tool, I buy it. I then start finding that I use that tool a lot and it pays for itself. Shouldn't need to resort to excuses to buy a power tool though

I've done that in the past and if I had more room may still do it. But i do more that fit curtain poles.

But in context of the OP, they don't give the impression that they want to expand their tool collection, and for their situation there is a very simple and cheap solution.

If I only had one tool it would be a hammer. A big one. Try a hammer on the curtain pole. Failing that, I’d say a hacksaw was about the next best thing. Cheap, precise and most importantly the right tool..... if the hammer fails.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back