MITRE SAW BLADE QUESTION

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Scenario is:

Have an old FERM mitre saw which is no longer produced. Want to use it to cut some thin aluminium angle so want to change the blade to a metal cutting one. However, cannot seem to source such a blade anywhere. The blade is 205mm diameter and 30mm bore.

I can source smaller diameter blades with a suitable bore which would cut the angle BUT...

Question is whether I can use a smaller diameter blade on the saw?

As always, your expert views would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

B

Sponsored Links
Thanks John

I was hoping that was going to be the case.... :)

If you only have a few to do I would use the blade you have in now, but back the ali profile with some scrap timber and wax the blade or squirt a drop of oil on the blade.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the tip catlad but I have a fair few to do.

Just double-checked my original post and the bore is wrong (it is 18 on the FERM and not 30)

Having a heck of a job trying to find 18 bore even with a smaller blade diameter [and reducing rings]

May just have to bin the idea and go for a much more expensive ally blade for my makita.

:(

Thanks again

B

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back