Advice on lead flashing on new extension

Yes that sounds good. Make it clear that you won't be fobbed off or bullied and that they'll have to take you to court to get paid if they don't do a first rate job that is cleared by an independent surveyor.

Sponsored Links
Well builders came today and weren't at all happy about me involving council BI as the said they would put it right. Cue a heated exchange of words while waiting the BI came out. Including builder threatening to rip out the work he had done there and then if I was that unhappy about it!

BI came, climbed up on the roof and pointed out the remedial work required, such as mortaring in the lead flashing and top of the valley, sealing the joints and making it fit tighter round the tiles. also the Velux corner tile is now being cut correctly so that the course of tiles under the Velux is un-broken.

Builders have now done all this and looks much better. After taking a good look at the roof BI said all is well.

Builder is still adamant that the corner tile round the Velux should be cut like that, but is going to cut in reverse L and BI is going to send photos to Velux.

Many thanks to those who have taken the time to reply to my post. It has helped a lot.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back