Advice on levelling part of garden for play fort?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’ve bought a play fort that’s approximately 4x3m. I want to put it at the top of our garden where there’s a large patch of dirt, but there’s a gentle slope from right to left. I spent today levelling it off by raking a bit on the high side and moving some soil from another part of the garden to the left side, reinforced by a row of bricks embedded into the dirt. I then used a large concrete cylinder to compress the dirt down a bit. Is this likely to be sufficient to keep the play fort level? If not, what else could I feasibly do to shore it up?

Sorry for poor picture quality. I had to take in dark.

Attachments

• CCE23952-5DEB-4864-8BCD-DE40EA58D5D3.jpeg
    CCE23952-5DEB-4864-8BCD-DE40EA58D5D3.jpeg
    233.5 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
general comments
if you have a structure over 2.5m high, within 2m off the Boundary it should not have a raised platform to avoid overlooking the neighbours
so you need any close neighbours to be happy with kids at height playing to avoid any problems otherwise you need to go through planning to get it passed [not a gtee]

Sponsored Links
thats good you will be fine then but still involve next door to avoid surprises ??

Last edited:
These things are just plonked on the ground aren't they and anchored down with the anchors provided to stop them falling over when you're sprogs are trying to do loop the loops No need for any special treatment. That said I'm not sure how those anchors work if there happens to be a big rock or two in the way when you're screwing them in.

Last edited:
Assuming its reasonably level at this point, I'd probably take the lazy route by building the fort and then if necessary placing risers under the corners or feet that need it

the similar product we had was anchored to rings cemented in the ground. In our case the rings were made level, but the ground wasn't (was only v slightly sloping)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back