Advice On SFA 'Small-Bore Pumping System'.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, coming from my Greenstar Heatslave 18/25 Oil Fired boiler I have a SFS Small Bore Pumping System' which if I have done right will be in my picture gallery.
This of course takes the fumes from the boiler and conveys them to the outside.

Now then, the Boiler was fitted in July 2008 and the first unit burned out and was replaced in December 2008. (Just a few months of course).

Around 5 days ago the unit has been on continually, making quite a racket (I have tried turning the power completely off a few times, only for the unit to run continually) and I think this will burn out as well.

The engineer who called out to replace the previous unit he thought that the best way to get rid of the condensing fumes would be simply to tee off the opposite lower pipe coming from the sink, and do away with the unit. Any input gratefully received.

Sponsored Links
The condensate needs to go to waste somehow. If the waste pipe is lower than the condense outlet then this would be the route I'd choose unless there is a gully outside when I'd run it completely separately.

The condensate needs to go to waste somehow. If the waste pipe is lower than the condense outlet then this would be the route I'd choose unless there is a gully outside when I'd run it completely separately.

Thank you for that advice as I think you are saying what the replacement pump Engineer said.

It doesn't look like these units are very unreliable and I am a bit intrigued why the Boiler Installers put the Unit in at all, particularly as I seem to have professional advice that another easier more reliable rout for the condensate was possible.

I always avoid using a condensate pump wherever possible. It doesn't matter how reliable they are it's one more thing to go wrong.

Sponsored Links
Thank you for that. As this Unit is still running permanently on I will do away with it.

However, if I may ask just a bit further, am I being rather naive to think that I can DIY this?

If you have looked at the picture it seems to me that I can just cut into the Boiler Outlet Pipe and then just push fit a new downward sloping pipe and T. Piece it onto the lower sink outlet pipe which leads to the drain just the other side of the Garage Wall.

Or, as happens with us DIY'ers, perhaps I am missing something?

Thank You

Boozercruiser.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back