Advice on shower installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I've just moved into a house that has a bath and not a shower. My aim is to split the pipes that feed the bath taps, extend it to the other side of the bath, install the pipes into the wall, and install a mixer shower. It isn't possible to add a shower off the bath taps directly as that side of the bath is beneath a window.

I'm very much a beginner, does anyone have any advice/tutorial on how to do this. Or if anyone knows of a YouTube video that describes it that would be very helpful. The only tutorials I can find are ones in which the pipes are already installed into the wall.

Cheers
Jake

Sponsored Links
It can probably be done, but before that you need to establish where the hot and cold water is supplied from.

For the hot and cold bath taps, if you put your finger or thumb over the outlet and turn the tap on, can you easily stop the water coming out?

If no to both (high pressure) you can probably have a mixer shower.
If yes to both (low pressure) any mixer will have incredibly poor performance or not work at all, although a pump could probably be installed to improve that.
If one if low and the other high, then it's likely a total bust without expensive alterations to the plumbing.

Thanks for the reply. I think the water pressure will be fine as we have used a tonne of tape to attach a cheap temporary shower onto the end of our tap and the pressure is fine. Where can I go for more information on the tools/materials I am going to need and how I go about doing this?

Cheers
Jake

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back