Advice please - Baxi Combi 105e

Hello folks :eek:

Just joined DIYnot.com especially to post this. Hopefully as a means of returning the favour of some of the advice posted on here:

I was losing pressure (usually 1bar) within 1 day of topping up my Baxi 105e. The pressure seemed to drop more when the central heating was off.
Got my brother-in-law (a plumber) round and, thanks to some advice from this here site, was able to have a logistical debate and problem solving session with him.
He concluded that it was indeed the expansion tank (accessed from the top of the boiler), and requested I pump it back up to 1bar to see how long it took to lose pressure with everything turned off.
While I was up there pumping away (ooh er - sorry Mr Moderator!), I started thinking about the car-tyre type valve that I was connected to.
That'll be the answer in my case then ! It turned out to be a leaky valve core - replaced it and it's been fine for over two months now.
So thanks again to all of you helpful and unselfish people out there - a fix that could have been up to £400 fitted, turned out to be a 25p special :eek:

Sponsored Links
I dont see what the above posting has to do with April's flow switch gland!

We would attend, diagnose the fault and replace the gland for £84 plus £9 for the part. That would include a basic service check. I dont understand why your plumber only "thinks" thats the fault.

Tony

It's probably coming from the Hot water sensor / Thermistor, there's a fibre sealing washer and they leak from this joint, had a few of them do this, I normally take the sensor out, bin the washer and use PTFE tape on it. the trickiest bit is getting the small electrical plug off and on again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back