Advice Please Moving Toilet 6 Foot.

Hello Guys...and particularly Burnerman 2. Well I have finished the moving of the Toilet and have posted some new photoes under 'Moving Toilet'.

I managed to take out the old soil bung going into the floor, replace it with a new one and this gave me more slope to take the soil pipe into what was an airing cupboard.

I then put a slate tile floor in there and placed the toilet on a couple of inches thickslate tile to creat a plinth for the toilet to go on. It's proved just the right hight for sitting on!

These two actions have given me enough slope and everything seems to be getting carried away just fine.

I have put 3 slotted ledges in what is now the airing cupboard...boxed in the soil pipe, painted and emulsioned and job done.

I have tiled floor to ceiling in the new Loo and painted etc, so although I say so myself I think it looks fine. The Missus is pleased anyway.

I took my time, particularly with the tiling...pva d the walls etc. etc.

So then...thanks again for your advice....I took it and everything has worked out just fine.

Cheers

Kenny Thain (Boozercruiser).

P.S. The eagle eyed will have noticed that there is an electric plug on the wall. That area of course used to be the airing cupboard with a door on. I did not see fit to take that plug out even though I suppose it is not really supposed to be there.
It is however safe and well away from any water, and in any case the missus wanted it leaving there for her hair dryer.....so it is her fault ossifer! :)

Sponsored Links
Kenny, that looks like an absolutely splendid outcome and you should be rightly chuffed!
So, does the new soil pipe go from the back of the new loo, through the dividing wall and into the existing outlet? You've boxed it in superbly!
John :)

Kenny, that looks like an absolutely splendid outcome and you should be rightly chuffed!
So, does the new soil pipe go from the back of the new loo, through the dividing wall and into the existing outlet? You've boxed it in superbly!

Thanks for your usual kind words John :D

Yes I am quite pleased with it. I took my time with everything and tried to do my best with the help of yours and other advice.

Yes, you are correect.....Out of the new Loo which is now on a slate floor and a 2 inch slate plinth. Then through the wall (pig of a job that was to do a nice round hole) for a left turn with a 3'6' sloped travel to a right bend for another 9" of travel before dropping into a new rubber 'Bung' (I don't know the proper word for it) pushed down just below ground level.

The old 'Bung' was protruding around an inch or so above ground level which wasn't helping with the slope. The new one slots in lovely to the carry away soil pipe.

The slope seems to be working just fine. I have asked the Missus to lay off the Curries for a while though! :LOL: And if push comes to shove...we have another Loo if we get an emergency! God...dread the thought! :eek:

Of course as you advised, it would have been better to tap into that side extraction pipe....but I didn't fancy messing about and 'breaking' into that.

Everything seems to be working just fine and I did try to do a good job on boxing in the water and soil pipe.

Blimey...tho'se soil pipes are a right sod to join together arn't they? I used fairy liquid in the end to help lubricate the push on.

So...thanks again..and knowing me I will be back seeking valuable help and advice in due course.

Best Regards

Kenny.

P.S. I have now captioned the photo's a bit.

I see - thats a bit clearer now, thanks. So, in the alcove to lthe left of the new loo, there's a wash hand basin, presumably?
Thats a brilliant bit of work, and very well thought out!

Sponsored Links
I see - thats a bit clearer now, thanks. So, in the alcove to lthe left of the new loo, there's a wash hand basin, presumably?
Thats a brilliant bit of work, and very well thought out!

John...I tried to upload 3 more photo's but am having difficulty right now.

The Alcove next to the new Loo is the Shower....next to that to the left is the sink and left next to that is the Bath.

The Toilet/Shower/Sink and now LOO room is actually quite a good size and the missus and I love the new arrangement. :D

P.S. That room originaly comprised of....Bath...Shower...Sink....Airing Cupboard. (Now turned into a Loo...so all combined instead of the Loo being on it's own next door.

I'm no expert and I don't suppose it will be a problem round a toilet, but it has been mentioned several times in the tiling forum that PVA is water soluble and shouldn't be used behind tiles in wet areas. :)

I'm glad the toilet move went OK as I've a similar job ahead.

I'm no expert and I don't suppose it will be a problem round a toilet, but it has been mentioned several times in the tiling forum that PVA is water soluble and shouldn't be used behind tiles in wet areas. :)

I'm glad the toilet move went OK as I've a similar job ahead.

Hello there ajrobb and thank you for your thoughts in respect of the use of PVA.

Thatnew toiletarea is actually well away from any water. However, being an area where there is a shower in use at times of course there will be steam. (An extractor fan does of course automaticaly come on.

Your mention of the PVA situation does concern me though because when the Bathroom with Bath and Shower was originally tiled 3 years ago I did PVA the walls. Now then....everything seems fine up to now....including the Shower Cubicle so I will keep my fingers crossed. :!:

I have not read the PVA concerns that you expressed elswhere in the Forum, but do you know of Tiles falling of because of this. That bathroom/Shower/Toilet area is now tiled from floor to ceiling. :confused:

I used a 1 in 5 solution of PVA to seal and help with extra grip.

P.S. The PVA was put on the night before tiling in all cases.

Yes, I read this on the Forum....//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=603005#603005

God...and I have to try and sleep tonight :LOL: ....but he was going on Ply Board...I PVA'd and then tiled 24 hours and more later on emulsioned plaster.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back