Advice sought on shower installation, using a loft tank.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My water feed is off a private spring shared between a number of houses. At times the volume of water available from the source is very low, so I loose pressue on the shower, so much so it just dribbles.
Pressure is not a problem most of the time, but at times when there is a high demand on the supply into the houses we loose it.

As we are putting in a new bathroom I thought no probelm, put a cold water rank in the loft, and feed the shower off that. But looking at electric showers for cold feed only, they all seem to need a minimum presssue of .7 to .9 bar, which I wont get with my loft tank.

What other type of shower system should I look at, I would like one that accepts a cold feed only, as my hot water is on economy 7 as well, so we have a limited amount of hot water available.

I've heard of power showers needing a loft tank, but they all seem to need a hot water feed as well.

I think what I need is a pumped system, where I fit the pump between the tank and the shower. So I turn on the shower, water flows, pump detects the flow and kicks in giving a decent flow. But how do I achieve this with a low initial pressure from my loft tank?

Andy

Sponsored Links
Andy
You can fit a negative head single impeller pump. You may need a pressure regulating valve inline as you do not want to blow the internal one on the shower.
Have a look at the mi although this method is not advised I have seen it installed and working very effeciently on at least 3 occasions.
Pete

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back