Power Shower - Cofin Tank

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would like to fit a power shower, and have been researching the topic. It seems fairly standard that the cold feed to the shower comes from the cold water tank in the loft. In addition, this feed must be 6cm below the cold water feed to the hot water tank.

However, my loft has been converted and there is now a coffin tank in the loft. The problem is that the cold feed to the hot water tank is right at the bottom of the tank, so there is no way I can get a new pipe 6cm below. I don't really want to move the existing pipes, has anyone have any solutions?

Regards
Wolfboy

Sponsored Links
run the cold feed from the existing connector and fit the new one to the hot

you are gonna have to move some pipework but not much ;)

BTW are you sure the tank is big enough :?:

The existing hot feed is 28mm the shower requires 15mm, will it be ok to use that and reduce down.

The tank is 200 L , is that big enough?

Regards

Wolfboy

Sponsored Links
What's the worst that can happen, I assume the shower will cut out to avoid scolding? Is there a danger of the pump running dry and being ruined?

Also, I can't find the header tank for the central heating, it may be hidden somewhere, or could it have been removed when the coffin tank was put in, is there a space saving alternative?

Regards

Wolfboy

Also, I can't find the header tank for the central heating, it may be hidden somewhere, or could it have been removed when the coffin tank was put in, i

check the cylinder ain't a primatic

will say on it somewhere ;)

Ok will check toinight..

I'm thinking that an electric shower maybe a better solution for me.

Also, I can't find the header tank for the central heating, it may be hidden somewhere, or could it have been removed when the coffin tank was put in, is there a space saving alternative?

howay lad i'm looking at a flaming screen ;)

could be a split tank as well :idea:

if there is only a single tank then its either a Primatic cylinder or its a sealed\pressurised system, if it was a sealed system you would have to top it up via a filling loop.

bster said:
if there is only a single tank then its either a Primatic cylinder or its a sealed\pressurised system, if it was a sealed system you would have to top it up via a filling loop.

never seen a split tank then young un :LOL: :LOL: ;)

Ok, I found the header tank, it's tucked away behind the coffin tank, it's almost impossible to get to. I noticed that in the airing cupboard, there is a 15mm pipe from the pump with a service valve that goes into the loft, could this be a way of isolating the header tank, when draining the system? Is there an easy way to check?

Also I want to confirm the best place to Tee off for shower hot feed,
I will stick a image on later tonight.

Thanks Wolfboy

[/img]

Please could you check out images for best place to fit hot feed for power shower (Between cylinder and T or just below first T) Or do you need to connect direct to tank.

Also picture of pump, there is a service valve in pipe coming out top of pump. Would this be to isolate the feed from header tank?

Many thanks

Wolfboy

http://martin.woolf.fotopic.net/c1211386.html

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back