Advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I will be finishing my Part P soon. I was wondering where will be the best place to look for job as an "Electrician's Mate". I would like to work weekend. I am based in leicester. ;)

Sponsored Links
When Part P qualified and assessed you have no need to be a sparks 'mate'.

If you wish to do so to acquire the tools knowledge (because there's a big difference between qualified and able to do the job) I would suggest you:-

1. canvas the local electricians advertising in the papers / yellow pages / Thompson
2. Go to the NIC web site, pump in local post codes- That will tell you who is NIC registered in your area (section is Find a NIC Contractor)

Then it's a matter of sweet talking the electrician in to employing you. Some are a bit grumpy and very anti Part P persons due to Part P person not being JIB / C&G 1&2 or 2391 trained.

If your prepared to do the work without being a 'mate', start small and just do minors or try working in tandem with a Co that requires a Part P person such as plumbers, kitchen fitters, small builder.

Good luck and do post your results

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back