AEG Dishwasher PNC 911 539 114 01

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. We have an AEG Favorite Pro Intensiv dishwasher.
A while ago, the anti-flood device operated. I removed the bottom front cover, dried it out and tried it again.
A few cycles later it happened again.
I have spotted that there are 2 small plastic pipes that carry excess water down to the sump.
The left hand side one is filling it up.
Can anyone tell me what causes this please?
Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
photo would really help here

are you sure its an inlet filling tube? by small pipe would indicate its connected to a pressure sensor if yours has one fitted

if its about 5 mm in diameter i would say pressure sensor pipe

There are 2 grey plastic pipes coming from inside the wash chamber. Their only purpose appears to be to divert excess water into the sump and activate the anti-flood device. You can see these 2 pipes in the attached photo. One has a red arrow, the other has a blue arrow. They are both open ended.
It is the left hand side one (Red Arrow) that is filling the sump.
It appears that something is blocked elsewhere but without stripping the machine down I can't see where.
AEG Illustrated.jpg

sure one of them will go to a pressure sensor, most likely the blue arrowed one

what do you mean by 'open ended'? do not connect to anything, surely not

Sponsored Links
Don't think so, as they are both open ended in the sump area and appear to be emergency drains, see first pic where I have dropped the open ends for clarity.
It disappears into wash chamber above a solenoid, See pic 2.
Any idea where I can get hold of an exploded view of the appliance?
Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_0847.JPG
    IMG_0847.JPG
    272.5 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_0848.JPG
    IMG_0848.JPG
    224.3 KB · Views: 160
aha, open ended at sump.

i do think the blue one will connect to a pressure sensor at the other end.

If it helps Yardie, if I blow down them, they are both clear, indicating that there is nothing (like a switch or sensor) on the other end.
And it is the LHS one (red arrow in first pic) that fills the sump.
I think maybe something in the recirc piping is blocked somewhere, or the chamber is over filling - which could indicate a sensor not working correctly - but I don't think these pipes lead to sensors.
Any idea about getting exploded internal view of the dishwasher? I have done rudimentary internet search.
Paul.

the red one goes to the water inlet (filling) side by the looks of it.

you are going to have to strip it down to know for sure whats going on.

have you actually been able to identify where the water thats collected in the base activating the flood switch has come from?

I can clearly see it is coming from the LHS (red arrived) pipe.
Difficult to see where the other end of it goes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back