AEG LAVAMAT 6955 F1 Fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Could someone please help. I have the abovementioned washing machine and keep getting an F1 fault. This is an indication that no water is getting to the drum.
The inlet hose has an aqua stop (solenoid valve). With the hose disconnected at the machine and the tap on, no water comes out. With the machine on, only a very little amount of water comes out. The filters of the aquastop are not blocked. So is my problem the aqua stop? And can it be that the 2 local repair shops have quoted over 100Euros for a new one?
I have checked the 3 other solenoid valves and the float stop (there is no leak), and they are functioning.
AEG Lavamat 6955, E - 605 647 057, F - 114375028.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
If it is not the aqua stop that is faulty, what else could the problem possibly be? Just curios to try and eliminate as many possibilities as possible before splashing out on a new machine.

Thanks in advance

I admire your efforts to try & save the planet all on your own :D
F1 on a Sensorlogic machine is a water issue...or should I say the lack of it. Apart from what you have checked so far there are a number of things you could try before condemning it to the scrap-heap. Is your water pressure very low (min 1 bar). Does the aquastop hum/buzz in the fill stage? Does the solenoid valve measure 3.7k ohms? Remove the aquastop from the machine & place the end of the hose in a bucket. Hotwire it with 230v & check if it functions independently of the machine (be very careful as water & electricity don't mix too well). If it doesn't work properly hotwired then the aquastop is history. If it does then the solenoid valve isn't receiving 230v from the pcb or there could be a break in the wiring between the two. Which means more faultfinding required.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the further info,

There is enough water pressure on the inlet hose, the solenoid does humm. It also functions when hotwired. But for some reason its not receiving all 230 volts. It seems as though my problems are getting bigger. I am beginning to believe its destined for the scrap heap.

Once again thanks for thhe help and info.

Does the machine empty properly? Check for a blocked/jammed pump impellor or fill 5- 6l water & run a drain/spin cycle. Does it empty & spin? Could be a wiring fault/bad connection between the pcb & aquastop, but it could also be defective level-switch or faulty pcb. While you're at it you may as well check the motor brushes for excessive wear, as that can cause all kinds of odd issues.

The machine drains and spins fine. Had someone come by - he has now diagnosed the problem as a faulty pcb. Our AEG has finally been laid to rest and will now go to a better place. Mrs Siemens will take up full time employment as of next week. Thanks for your help Zipper.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back